The following will outline the safety precautions we are following based on Alberta Health Services and the Catholic School Board
- Classrooms will be cleaned/disinfected before classes start, between classes, and at the end of the day
- Any person entering the Suncor Energy Centre for the Performing Arts must wear a mask in all common areas (entrances, exits, hallways, bathrooms, etc…)
- It is encouraged that masks are also worn during your lessons, but it is not mandatory (unless otherwise directed by the instructor)
- Participants will need to wash their hands with soap and water or use hand sanitizer before entering the classroom.
- Participants will be spaced at least 2M/6ft apart, but are also able to follow cohort guidelines.
- Instructors and assistants will wear a mask if they need to break the 2M/6ft distance barrier to support or correct a dancer.
- We will have designated entrance and exits with proper signage for everyone to follow.
- To limit the number of people in the building we ask that students aged 8 and over be dropped off at the front. We will have staff members there to direct and/or bring them to their class.
- At this time, parents/guardians will not be permitted to sit and wait in the building.
- If bringing your younger child into the building, we ask that only 1 parent/guardian accompany them.
- Anyone showing signs of being ill with flu-like symptoms will NOT be permitted to attend class
- Parents/guardians/students/instructors are asked to monitor their health using the Daily Screening Checklist (below for your convenience). All staff, volunteers, and visitors to the school will also be required to use the questionnaire to assess their health before entering school.
Important Updates about COVID-19