- Fees must be paid in full by the beginning of the year.
- Communication for UpTown is primarily done through Email. Parents must notify the office of any change of contact information. It is the responsibility of the parent to read all emails sent throughout the dance season.
- Students must arrive early for class allowing them time to change and stretch. If a child arrives late, it is the instructors right to deny entry.
- Please do not drop young children off more than 15 minutes prior to class time. They will not be under any supervision.
- Please go to the bathroom BEFORE class. Bathroom breaks during class take up a lot of time and are a distraction to the other students.
- Please dress appropriately, come to class with your hair done and follow the individual class dress code. No jewelry is allowed, as it is a hazard.
- Please mark all clothes and shoes with your full name on the inside.
- We are not responsible for lost or stolen items. Items found will be put in the lost and found. At the end of the month any unclaimed articles will be donated.
- NO GUM allowed in the classroom
- Only water will be allowed in the classroom.
- Please respect the building. Keep halls and change rooms clean.
- If a dancer chooses to eat in the hallways on their break, please ensure it is peanut free.
- We are not responsible for injury caused while on the premises. If a child gets injured we reserve the right to seek medical advice.
- Please do not wear your dance shoes outside of dance. This will keep them clean and will help protect the studio floor.
- Parents cannot watch class, take videos or pictures. We will have a viewing week, which will allow parents to follow their children’s progress. In class visitor observation is at discretion of the instructor. Photos or videos of dancer’s must not be posted on social media sites without the permission of UpTown.
- Cell phones MUST be turned off and put away during all classes.
- Classes may be cancelled due to weather or instructor illness. Every effort will be taken to find a sub for the class or hold a make-up class.
- If you have to miss class for a valid excuse, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. If a child has missed too many classes and we feel it is affecting class performance, we reserve the right to remove the child from class. If a child misses 3 consecutive classes we will contact the parents to discuss the absences. If you wish to remove your child from a class you must email the office at email@example.com
- Alterations to costumes are the dancers responsibility.
- *ALL recitals and rehearsals are mandatory to participate in the Year End Recitals. Please make sure you check our Important Dates and mark them in your calendar.
- By registering for UpTown, you authorize images of your child be displayed in publications, social media outlets, events, and instructional demonstrations. Photos and videos of dancers will not be taken without their knowing.
- Questions and comments for teachers should go through the UpTown email, firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Please keep your bodies happy and healthy. Lots of water, rest and plenty of stretching!
First Day of Dance: September 9th
Viewing Week: December 9th-14th
Winter Gala: January 31st
Picture Day: April 26th
Last Day of Dance: May 1st
Dance Registration – Current Dancers: June 5th
Dance Registration – New Dancers: June 12th
No Dance Class (scheduled days off): Every class has 27 weeks of instruction
October 13-16 (Thanksgiving)
October 31 (Halloween)
November 11 & 12 (Remembrance Day)
December 18-January 3 (Winter Break)
January 14-18 (Holy Trinity Dance Show)
February 17 (Family Day)
February 23-March 1 (Teachers Convention)
April 10-18 (Easter Break)
Dance Rehearsal Dates: MANDATORY
Dress Rehearsal #1: Saturday, May 2 — 9:00-10:30am (arrive by 9:00 am)
Dress Rehearsal #2: Monday, May 4 — 4:30-5:30 pm (arrive by 4:30 pm)
Dress Rehearsal #1: Saturday, May 2 — 11:30 am-1:00 pm (arrive by 11:00 am)
Dress Rehearsal #2: Sunday, May 3 — 10:00 am-12:00 pm (arrive by 10:00 am)
Dress Rehearsal #1: Sunday, May 3 — 2:00-4:00 pm (arrive by 1:30 pm, warmup at 1:45 pm)
Dress Rehearsal #2: Monday, May 4 — 7:00-8:30 pm (arrive by 6:30 pm, warmup at 6:45 pm)
Dress Rehearsal #1; ACT 1 ONLY: Saturday, May 2 — 6:00-8:00 pm (arrive at 5:30 pm, warmup at 5:45 pm)
Dress Rehearsal #2; ACT 2 ONLY: Sunday, May 3 — 6:00-8:00 pm (arrive at 5:30 pm, warmup at 5:45 pm)
Dress Rehearsal #3; ACT 1 & 2: Tuesday, May 5 — 5:00-9:00 pm (arrive at 5:00 pm, warmup at 5:30 pm)
Dance Show Dates: MANDATORY
Show #1: Saturday, May 9 — 10:00-10:30 am (arrive by 9:30 am)
Show #2: Sunday, May 10 — 10:00-10:30 am (arrive by 9:30 am)
Show #1: Saturday, May 9 — 12:00-1:00 pm (arrive by 11:30 am)
Show #2: Sunday, May 10 — 12:00-1:00 pm (arrive by 11:30 am)
Show #1: Saturday, May 9 — 3:00-4:00 pm (arrive at 2:00 pm, warmup at 2:30 pm)
Show #2: Sunday, May 10 — 3:00-4:00 pm (arrive at 2:00 pm, warmup at 2:30 pm)
Show #1: Thursday, May 7 — 7:00-9:30 pm (arrive at 6:00 pm, warmup at 6:30 pm)
Show #2: Friday, May 8 — 7:00-9:30 pm (arrive at 6:00 pm, warmup at 6:30 pm)